Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Documents

Qlik Sense documentation and resources.

Announcements
Customer & Partners, DEC. 9, 11 AM ET: Qlik Product & Strategy Roadmap Session: Data Analytics REGISTER NOW

Word Cloud for Sense

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Word Cloud for Sense

This extension has beed decommissioned

Please use GitHub - ralfbecher/br.com.clever.wordcloud: Qlik Sense Word Cloud extension by rbecher

The stable version of a Word Cloud Qlik Sense Extension, now with selection

Now it´s more like "Wordle" Wordle - Beautiful Word Clouds

I have had to learn with requirejs to fix modules precedence

Capturar.PNG

Install instructions

Just unzip it under  C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Extensions

Also available at cleveranjos/br.com.clever.wordcloud · GitHub

Attachments
Comments
PaulVanSiclen
Employee
Employee

very interesting.  Would you please provide some commentary around use of dimensions and measures in this chart?  I have downloaded and it works but having trouble getting exactly what I want.

Thanks,

PVS

0 Likes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Hello Paul,

Please download this sample : br.com.clever.wordcloud/Word Cloud Demo.qvf at master · cleveranjos/br.com.clever.wordcloud · GitHub

Usually you add one dimension and use one expression to count/sum that expression.

So the relevance (font size) would be proportional to that expression

Please use the latest version https://github.com/cleveranjos/br.com.clever.wordcloud/

I´ve already fixed some bugs and introduced parameters

0 Likes
PaulVanSiclen
Employee
Employee

That is very straightforward, thanks.

I have a field called "Tweettext" that has an entire tweet.  It looks like I would need to break that up into a single word per record/row.

Thanks for sharing.

0 Likes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Paul,

A logic like that can split your words and maybe eliminate that does not matter

T:

LOAD lower(SubField(F1,' ')) as Word INLINE [

F1

It has been a year since QlikView 10 was launched and I assessed it

" During that time, we’ve seen the popularity of social media drive a rising interest in collaborative BI"

But QlikTech is not yet explicitly linking the two

" While it has announced integration with Chatter, the social media tool from Salesforce"

"com, and is demonstrating those capabilities, they are not part of QlikView 11"

The collaborative features of this release include new interpretations of well-known features such as annotations and threaded discussions

" Version 11 also adds a unique collaborative BI capability to share the QlikView environment with others, much as you might share your desktop in a WebEx session"

" In fact, as part of my briefing about the new release"

I was given a link to see the new version and interact with it even though I had no installation or QlikView license of any kind on my computer

One way in which QlikTech has reinterpreted annotations is to allow the user to save a snapshot of the system at the time the note was taken

In this way readers of the note can understand the context in which the note was written

];

tmp:

load Word, count(1) as f Resident T group by Word;

tmp2:

inner keep (T) Load Word Resident tmp where len(Word)>2 and not match(Word,'the','was','and','has');

PaulVanSiclen
Employee
Employee

Thanks for the tip, with some help I created a new table in my data model made up of words/word counts:

------------------------------------------------------

Words:
load
lower(SubField(replace(Search_text,',',' ') ,' ')) as word,
Search_id
resident Tweets;

WordCloud:
load
word as WordCloudWord,
Search_id,
    1 as WordCount
resident Words
where len(word)>3 and word <> 'and' and word <> 'to' and word <> 'the' and word <> 'with';

drop table Words;

------------------------------------------------------------

My issue now is that the wordcloud extension is creating a large number of "diagonal" words and is challenging to look at, any ideas?

wordcloud.jpg

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hey? were you sorted?

Your code is mighty helpful!! so figured I'd lend a hand just in case you weren't (a year later). Set orientation to 1 and your start angle to 0 to 90 : play around with these to add different orientations to your display.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi there.

Will this extension work for exporting through "My story" in qlik sense?

I get this error now, "The visualization was not found on the server: br.com.clever.wordcloud". In the ppt when I export the word cloud object. Both snapshot and embedded sheet.

Or have I installed the extension wrong?

Thank you,

Kjersti

0 Likes
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

This extension has beed decomissionated

Please use  GitHub - ralfbecher/br.com.clever.wordcloud: Qlik Sense Word Cloud extension by rbecher

0 Likes
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Actually, it's this one: GitHub - ralfbecher/br.com.clever.wordcloud: Qlik Sense Word Cloud extension

Will push some more updates soon.

0 Likes
vnadinic
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Ralf,

this extension seems not to work anymore. Words are not rendering.

Also not sure do I actually have to do the scripting part to separate the words or not?

0 Likes
Version history
Last update:
‎2015-01-22 08:24 PM
Updated by: