cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot delete file from the QMC. Wrong path in the .pgo file

Hi,

We had deleted some files from the QV server but I can still see them on the QMC but cannot delete/access them.

Trying to apply some change to the document in User Document pane, I'm getting the error:

"Failed to set document meta data".

The path on the .pgo file is weird and it cannot be recreated in order to delete the files.

D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ABC\DOC NAME.QVW

and it's not possible to create a folder named "D:" ...

Any idea how I can tackle this issue?

The following link talked about it but there no clear solution to the issue.

QV 11 - User Documents - can't remove qvw

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

Deleting a qvw don't remove a document-cal or any task of the document within the qmc. You need to do the clearing at first within the qmc and then deleting the qvw from the filesystem. To cure this you could create a new (empty) qvw, (re)name them to one of your deleted qvw, remove cal and task in the qmc and repeat this for all your qvw.

- Macus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response.

The issue is that the path of the deleted file cannot be recreated.

D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ROOT\D:\QLIKTECH\ABC\DOC NAME.QVW

I cannot create a folder  'D:' so I am not able to recreate the document.

marcus_sommer

You mean there was not only a deleting of the files else whole folders / drives was deleted? If so than ask your filesystem Admin for help - maybe there are also backup's available.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No I do not mean that. All the folders are present.

This path has been created in the CalData.pgo file for some deleted qvw file and so I cannot create a new qvw file to this path because you cannot create new folders consisting of special characters (D:)

marcus_sommer

I could not really understand what your problem is. AFAIK the caldata.pgo has nothing to do with the location/path of files. Please provide some descriptive screenshots what do you try to do and which error-messages you get.

- Marcus

eromiyasimon
Creator II
Creator II

Kindly share screen shots of informations