User cannot login after changing MS Windows password
here's a curious issue. There is a company that has both QlikView server and access point v.11. It all was running properly. The users are taken from a MS Windows Active Directory and they get CALs. Right.
Therefore, there is a user that someday changed the windows password having a session opened. Since this change she cannot login inside access point. The login page remains stalled (loading document...) and she never really enters.
If I open all the existing logs there's no information about the attempt to log-in. Therefore, about one hour later I can see that a CAL was dilevered to the user.
From her machine other users can log-in, so it is not a machine issue.
The user can log-in the MS Windows domain.
I have changed the pasword to the initial one, removed all licenses, atc.. and the issue it is still to be fixed.
Of course. At this point the issue happens using the same Windows account in other network machines. I have restarted both the qv server and the web server, the server machine.., I have removed the PGO files, etc.
All the other domain users can access the Access Point perfectly.
I wonder if the web service logs would contain anything (session logs wouldn't since the session doesn't actually start). By default in QV11, the web service log verbosity is set to High (QMC >> System >> QlikView Web Servers >> General). Check to make sure it's set to high in your environment. Then try accessing the AP from the problem machine. Wait for some log entries to appear (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log) and then please post!
The DSC log might also provide something useful. Go to QMC >> System >> Directory Service Connectors >> General, and change the Logging Level to Debug Logging. Post the DSC log entries too (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\Log).
Performance and Event logs aren't really that useful. Please post the DSC and Web Service logs. Please post the full log file for DSC and as much of the web service one as possible (they file size of web service tends to get quite large). The line that you posted above isn't a problem; it's just informational.
As far as I know, Windows Password Key maybe the good Windows password resetting tool. So if you failed to reset Windows password, then to unlock your locked machine goes to use a professional Windows password resetting to like Windows Password Key Professional. You can Google Search Windows Password Key for more details. You may download it from http://www.lostwindowspassword.com
I think that attached all the existing logs. In the attached images (qvDcsLogs.JPG, qvsLogs.JPG, qvwsLogs.JPG) yu can see all the log options that I checked.
The file named 20120521.txt contains the web services logs (or at least this is my belief).
There is an entry related to the issue:
21/05/2012 17:04:39.8788147 Error Request failed: La clave proporcionada no se encontrÃ³ en el diccionario.
Take notice that "La clave proporcionada no se encontrÃ³ en el diccionario" means something like "The provided key was not found in the dictionary". Do not know if the English message is this but must be seemed.
Something really curious is that after changing the logging settins to increase verbosity I found that the user could work during some minutes.