Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kommusiv
Contributor
Contributor

Why should logon on the server via service account from RDP for the Qlik server installation or upgrade ?

We have been faced few issues while installing QlikVew server with admin access .Qlik Tech team suggested that issue will be resolved by accessing server via service account .

Here my Question is why should we logon to the server via service account from RDP?

Please suggest me to enhance my knowledge on this .

Thanks in advance,

Siva K

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

This is best practice as to ensure the service account has access to all the files required for Qlikview functionality. In most cases this doesn't matter , however it's best practice. Remember that many companies secure down their environments via different methods and these methods can affect permission down the file level for accounts.

Hopefully that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

This is best practice as to ensure the service account has access to all the files required for Qlikview functionality. In most cases this doesn't matter , however it's best practice. Remember that many companies secure down their environments via different methods and these methods can affect permission down the file level for accounts.

Hopefully that helps.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To add to Ray point, the service account needs to be a domain account and is a member of the local machines Administrator Group.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.