Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vibhuadmin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Apps Migration Best Practices

Hi, 

What are the best practices needs to be followed by Qlikview Administrator for migration of Qlikview Apps from DEV to UAT/PROD?

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Really up to you but I would venture you want to be sure only the Admin has access to the 'gold' files, developers should be working out of a 'staging' location etc., and the Admin moves things back and forth, at least for probably UAT and Prod, Dev environment could be an exception depending upon how things work in that environment.  The Source Docs should only be available to the Admin and the QlikView service account otherwise to ensure nobody slips something in that may cause other issues in the environment.  Hopefully this helps a little, not exactly sure for what you were looking as the description left a bit to the imagination.  If you can be more specific on the use cases, might be able to provide some further guidance, and we are really no different than any other software, you want to manage things pretty much the same way as other vendors regarding files.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.