Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculation issue

I have the attached pivot table. For the dimension i used locations.

now for morning shift calculation i used = SUM(IF(numTime <= AMEnd and numTime >= AMStart,1,0))  But it gives wrong result

But if i substitute the values for AMEnd and AMStart that is for example Bateen:  =  SUM(IF(numTime <= 55800 and numTime >= 32400,1,0)) then i get the correct result.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG HERE ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Use below expression.

=sum(aggr( IF(numTime >= AMStart  and numTime <= AMEnd ,1,0),numTime,Locations))

Have a look at the attached example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It's quite hard to tell what's wrong without knowing anything more detailed about your data model, i.e. how the fields are related, and what their value type and range is. Also, please tell us what your expected result is (instead of just stating that it's wrong).

Could you maybe post a small sample app that demonstrate your issue?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Take set analysis it may go well!!

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Your post suggests that you need num(AMEnd) and num(AMStart)

eddysanchez
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The problem is the repetitions of rows in another tables

Try

SUM(distinct IF(numTime <= AMEnd and numTime >=AMStart,1,0))

and compare results

Not applicable
Author

Note that in the table i attached there is 2 columns AMShift and PMShift to show if the formula uses those values for calculation and it does, but the result i get (surveys done in AM shift)  is more than the number of surveys done at that location. so when i substitute in formula with the original value it works, so there is something about AMShift and PMShift which is wrong !!!

Not applicable
Author

This is taking long and no solution till now !!! For the morning shift i put numbers so it work, but what if i use AMStart and AMEnd. Note that each location have its own AMStart and AMEnd. I also attached the data model for reference.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Use below expression.

=sum(aggr( IF(numTime >= AMStart  and numTime <= AMEnd ,1,0),numTime,Locations))

Have a look at the attached example.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Great thanks dude. Could you just explain what was wrong and how does this code solve the problem?

regards

Bilal El-Abd

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The thing is there was so many numValue for each of the locations, thus it was necessory to calculate the expression for each values, and thus i have used aggr function at location and numValue level.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki