Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pauledrich
Creator
Creator

Counting Customers with Multiple Products

Hi and thanks for the help I have searched Help & the community.

My objective is to create a Pivot table which will show a variety of purchasing combinations which Count the transactions completed by each customer in the year the transaction took place, my problem is that I cant get the syntax of the expression correct.

I have a transaction table with multiple products, Fields are - TransID, CustID, TransDate, ProductType I have year as my dimension.

So if Customer 1 had purchased product A (2014) & B (2013) and customer 2 had bought product A (2014) only customer 1 would be included in the count.

My expression Count ({$<ProductType={A,B}>}CustID) returns Product B sales - Even Explicit Count({$<ProductType = p {A,B}>CustID) doesn't return what I expected.

Thanks again.

5 Replies
pauledrich
Creator
Creator
Author

Any Help Appreciated

Not applicable

In a pivot table you could just use CustID as a dimension and then use count(TransID) as an expression

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello!

You could try using a calculated dimension like this one:

=Aggr(if(Count(ProductType) > 1, CustID), CustID)

Cheers.

pauledrich
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank Bruno & Robert

I used the Aggr in the expression previously which as you would expect does calculate customers correctly - however the introduction of year just doesn't fit my needs.

I want to show only the count of customers with the dimension of year who have purchased products A & B only not any other combination.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then we could try using set analysis in our calculated dimension:

=Aggr(if(Count({$<ProductType = {'A', 'B'}>} Total Distinct ProductType) > 1, CustID), CustID)

This expression will return only the costumers who have purchased both products A and B.

Can you upload a sample app so we can see the issue about the year dimension?