Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AngieO2019
Contributor II
Contributor II

Creating a 'Copy' Button to copy a value of a column to another column

Hello,

I was trying to create a button that will trigger copying the values of a column to another column. 

The goal is, the user needs to press the Copy button so that the values of 'A - Include in Plan?' column will be copied over to Master Plan column. is there a solution that will not go through the scripts?

AngieO2019_1-1592308560909.png

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Saravanan_Desingh

I cant think of anything like this. AFAIK you can't do this. Because the new data has to be added to your Data Model. In that case reload is inevitable. Otherwise, I might be missing some surprises.

View solution in original post

Or
MVP
MVP

There are several extensions on the market which offer writeback capabilities. Natively, Qlik doesn't offer this in Sense.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Saravanan_Desingh

I cant think of anything like this. AFAIK you can't do this. Because the new data has to be added to your Data Model. In that case reload is inevitable. Otherwise, I might be missing some surprises.

AngieO2019
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, Thank you for verifying our hunch that this does not really work on Qlikview. As follow up, we would like to verify that there is a write-back functionalities on Qliksense that could make this feature (copying a column to another column by clicking a copy button) would be possible?

Or
MVP
MVP

There are several extensions on the market which offer writeback capabilities. Natively, Qlik doesn't offer this in Sense.