Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating a Master Client List

Very new to QlikView and need help creating a master client list to help with further analysis.

I am working with one simple (but large) qvd file with 28 columns.  I have a listing of every client that has visited our facility from 2010 until present.  Each row is a unique encounter and contains a column to identify Client_Name, Client_ID, Visit_Date, Visit_Time (as they may visit more than once per day).

This, however, means that a client's name and ID can repeat numerous times.  I would like to create a client list based on this information, but have no clue how to or what the necesssary terms are to search for help.

The idea is that even though a client's name and ID appear more than once, the master list will only list that cilent once.  Can this be done?  If so, how and then, how do I reference this list for all my other calculations?

Thank you in advance from a very new user.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want a unique list of clients you can simple add the clients name field to a listbox. A listbox will show only unique values. A table box object with only the client name field does the same.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want a unique list of clients you can simple add the clients name field to a listbox. A listbox will show only unique values. A table box object with only the client name field does the same.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

That works, very simple .  Thank you.

I've also been working on another problem you may have insights to:

How do I filter contents of a table and rank them at the same time?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/101682