Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date format are different

Hi, im new in QlikView and in make a board to integrate data from different databases and all well fine, but when i try to  see this values in a chart some data is not there and found a strange problem with dates and i don't know how to fix it, i attached a image

errordefecha.png

Regards

Isaias

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks to all, i resolve this with the function MakeDate

View solution in original post

13 Replies
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

In you script where you are loading Fetcha. change it to something like below
Date(Fetcha, 'YYYY-MM-DD') as Fetcha,
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dilipranjith,

I have dealt with that but it does the same

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Whats the data type for the field in the data model?
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I think it's a subject of the databases, in both the data type is date but the collage are different in one is Modern_Spanish_CI_AS and the other isLatin1_General_CI_AS, could it be that? and if so, how do I fix it?
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You have to fix it when you load it.
Maybe try combination of date(date#(field, 'DBDATEFormat'),'YouDesiredDATEFORMAT')
marcus_sommer

Without any measures on the fields by loading the data will be a date only interpreted as date if it has the format as in the default-variables (at the beginning of the script). This means you need to convert and format all date-fields which are different to it. This could be done with: date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString')) and if there are multiple different formattings within a single field maybe with: alt(date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString1')), date(date#(DATE, 'FormatString2'))).

- Marcus

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

the upper dates are in string so use date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')

If you  have diffrent formats try 

alt(your expression,date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY')) and it shall fetch all the dates properly

Learning never stops.
EternalDX
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi to all,

I will try your solutions but the result are the same, check the picture

errordefecha02.png

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

alt(date(date#(Fecha,'DD/MM/YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY'),date(date#(Fecha,'YYYY-MM-DD'),'DD/MM/YYYY'))
Learning never stops.