Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II

Doc chaining - opening doc doesn't work in Webview mode

Hello!

I have one main application M1.qvw. There are 10 different qlikview documents D1.qvw, D2.qvw,.....,D10.qvw, which are linked to the main application M1.qvw

The D1 thru D10 qvws are linked to M1.qvw using a text box. The Property of the text box (as well as created a button) has an action > external > Open Qlikview Document. I can open documents from M1 to D1....D10 from the desktop client. However, when switch to the 'Webview' on the client and click on the text box, nothing happens.

Then I changed the action > external > Open URL and provided the path. It tries to download the underlying QVW document. Is there a way to make sure the Open URL function works without deploying the app to the Access Point (Qlikview server) and checking in webview?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

When you deploy all work files to production with in the same and/or different path. So, You may need to use full path of your server name. Can you explain how you assign the path of navigate in local machine. This should be Serverpath\Path\....\FileName.qvw.

Or else, It may throws error, are you getting any error in your Access point while accessing from one to another? Please elaborate little more in details..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To my knowledge, Document Chaining has never worked in Desktop Webview mode.  It does work in the Server in the ajax client though.

-Rob

newqlik2017
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you Rob and Anil.

I haven't deployed the application in the server yet. I wanted to test before deploying to the server but like Rob said, it doesn't work in the webview mode.

Currently, I have the main and underlying applications stored in my local drive. This is what am using locally under Actions => Open URL on the main application M1.qvw. So, even to test "Open URL" I guess we need to deploy first to the server first? Does all qvws need to be in the same folder or can be in different folder and subfolders in the server ?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Currently, I have the main and underlying applications stored in my local drive. This is what am using locally under Actions => Open URL on the main application M1.qvw. So, even to test "Open URL" I guess we need to deploy first to the server first? Does all qvws need to be in the same folder or can be in different folder and subfolders in the server ?

It has to be anywhere with in the network of cluster and/or node rather different VM's. Here, If you provide exact path with server name then i believe should work under maintenance of app in Prod with public address.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful