cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export the data into different file formts

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement like below.

End User wants to export the data in any format (.Xls, .CSV, .Tab). Scenario is user should need to have flexibility in Qlikview Document to give a input of the file format (.CSV) , Save Location and File Name and then Export the data.

As i know one way i can write Macro. I have written that but it's not working on Web Version. Please find the attachment of screenshot for reference and help me for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Santhosh G

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Santhosh

Are you using the Ajax Web Client ?  As that does not support macros.

Only the IE Plugin supports macros.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

ya Bill Markham you are correct. we are using Ajax Client. Do we have any other alternate except macro.

Colin-Albert

You can right-click on the chart and select "Send to Excel" or "Export".

This will work for the Ajax client as long as you have not restricted the export option in the document or server configuration.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

Thanks for reply, I have give that choice to client. But he want the functionality where he can specify the file name, format of the file and location of the file and then click on some button, it should save on that location with the specified name and file format.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Santhosh

You could write an extension, these are supported by the Ajax client.  But personally I would avoid doing this if at all possible.

Maybe you could try and find out the end result the End User needs to achieve, as in what are they going to do with extract file ?

Best Regards,     Bill

Colin-Albert

The Export option format the file as CSV, and the user can then select the "Save AS" option when downloading to specify the file name and location. Send to Excel does not give a rename option immediately, but the user can save the spread sheet in the many formats supported by Excel. It's not a single click but does give flexibility of the file format.

I always question why a user really needs to export the data to Excel - QlikView should be able to deliver the analysis required without extracting the data to Excel.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

May be they are using this file to analyze the data at detail level. The requirement is they want export the millions of records data from the qlikview document. But Which we are having the default one it's not feasible to download the large set of data.

Regards,

Santhosh