Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ameya09
Partner - Contributor III

Field value missing after reopening app even after full access

Hi all,

I have a field value X which appears when I reload the app and save it.However when I check the same value after reopening the app,it is missing.

Section access is applied and user is given full access using * .

What might be the issue?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
marcus_sommer

The use of the wildcard * didn't granted a full access on all data else only on specified respectively available data - if there are for example any NULL's they are mandatory excluded.

This couldn't be declared in any way - the solution for it is to ensure that there are no NULL's - maybe with the use of the Qlik NULL-variables or with the function coalesce() or any similar measure with the check on len(trim()) - and that those values are listed in the section access respectively are available.

- Marcus

Ameya09
Author

I removed the section access part from my app to test and the field value is seen even after reopening the file.

How can I solve the issue with section access applied?Bit new to this

marcus_sommer

Like above hinted it's very likely that your issue is related to NULL and therefore you need to understand what NULL's are, why they exists, which benefits and disadvantages it may have to avoid them or to revert the logic and to force them and how this might be done.

To make it short: NULL's aren't stored in any way and therefore they couldn't be accessed or linked in any way - if the last is needed they must be replaced with real values. More to the matter could you find here:

NULL handling in QlikView - Qlik Community - 1484472

- Marcus