Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leenlart
Creator
Creator

Filter the dimension based on the value of the expression

Hi,

I feel like I should have found something like this in the discussions, but...

So I have a table where I want to show the top 20 new clients. 

The dimension is the client.

The expressions are volume N and volume N-1 and others. 

I'd like to show only the clients that have volume N >0 and volume N-1=0.  (Definition of new clients)

Then I'll apply my limit to only show the top 20.

I've tried putting the following condition on my client dimension and suppressing null values :

IF(

(Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER={'YTD CAL'}>}fp_poids)>0 and Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER={'YTD CAL N-1'}>}fp_poids)>0)

fp_ClientComplet

Null()

)

But it does not seem to affect anything. 

Thanks for any ideas you might have.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try adding Aggr() function and see if that works

Aggr(If(

(Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER = {'YTD CAL'}>} fp_poids) > 0 and Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER = {'YTD CAL N-1'}>} fp_poids) > 0), fp_ClientComplet, Null()), fp_ClientComplet)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try adding Aggr() function and see if that works

Aggr(If(

(Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER = {'YTD CAL'}>} fp_poids) > 0 and Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER = {'YTD CAL N-1'}>} fp_poids) > 0), fp_ClientComplet, Null()), fp_ClientComplet)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

From this condition, You want to show top 20 Clients? Perhaps this as per my analysis

IF((Aggr(Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER={'YTD CAL'}>}fp_poids), client)>0 and Aggr(Sum({<TYPE_CALENDRIER={'YTD CAL N-1'}>}fp_poids), client)>0),fp_ClientComplet,Null())

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
leenlart
Creator
Creator
Author

So initially I was trying to put this expression into the condition of my dimension, but instead I created a calculated dimension. 

Both expressions seems to return the same results. 

Thanks very much for your help!

sunny_talwar

Super, please close the thread by marking correct and helpful responses

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny