Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help: Calling Macro Open opens me up the "Module Windows"

Hi, I Created a button with an Action that run this Macro.

Set R3 = CreateObject(“SAP.Functions”)
R3.Connection.client = “800″
R3.Connection.User = “ROGI”
R3.Connection.Password = “XXX”
R3.Connection.Language = “EN”
R3.Connection.ApplicationServer = “<HOST>"

If R3.Connection.logon(0, True) <> True Then
    msgbox "CANNOT Connect"

else

msgbox "Connected"

end If

If I Click the button the Module Windows opens up, I have readed somewhere that is because there is an error... but I tested this Macro in Excel and the msgbox appear as "Connected" so it works.

So..

1- Why is the reason that the Module Windows Appears.

2- If its because an error.... why o why works fine in Excel. As far as I know the OCX are istalled OS level, if it works in Excel, why doesnt work in Qlikview ?

Can someone help me pls.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure that you've granted "System Access" in the security section in the lower left of the Module window,

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In the Edit Module, Please "Check" or "Test" your macro. If there is any error the script highlighted on the right hand side.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Make sure that you've granted "System Access" in the security section in the lower left of the Module window,

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

OMG !!!

Thank Rob,

I can't believe I didn't think of that. I can connect so know Im gonna try using RFC functions.

Thx again !!!

Not applicable
Author

It works, but when I try to execute the qlikview file in another place my home and not work... it opens the windows and in Excel works... so perhaps is a security issue by IT level ??? strange...