Qlik Announces Qlik Talend Cloud and Qlik Answers: LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecrobles18
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can I exclude data for the current month and future?

Hello All,

I am faced with a scenario where we recently upgrade QV versions from 11 to 12 and my set analysis for some charts are not working as they previously did. The set analysis in my chart was setup to exclude data from the current month however when we upgrade it started showing data that had been post dated which I was not privy to.At any rate my set analysis was to include all data starting from August 2018 to previous month of the month which I am reporting in. For example if I was looking at the report today I would see data starting from August to October. In the previous version it work as intended and would return the isolated data as needed. My set analysis current reads as below. Note the TruckingFlag is to establish the start month for specific data which would be for August. Does anyone have a suggestion, using set analysis, on how I can get the chart to show data starting from August to going forward minus the current month. The Load_Drop_MonthYear part is where I have excluded the data for the current month and future in version 11.

Monthly Cost Set Analysis: =sum({<LoadExtractRecord.LoadGroup = {'ODESSA'}, Container.Truck = {'CONTAINER'}, TruckingFlag = {1}, Load_Drop_MonthYear -= {"$(=Date(MonthStart(Today()), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}, [LoadExtractRecord.ActiveTender/Tender/Carrier] -= {'TEST CARRIER'}>} TotalHalTruckingCost)

-Emmanuel Robles

1 Reply
dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

IMHO its highly unlikely its the upgrade which caused the problem (atleast in the set part) as far as i know set analysis hasnt changed.

More likely the issue is in the data either something broke in the load or some erroneous data crept in