Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I transfer a license key?

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how to transfer a license key?

I currently have personal addition installed and want to upgrade to a full developer license. Somone in my organisation has a full license key working on their install however they no longer use it so I would ideally like to use their license. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

15 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

use thei LEF in qlikview software it will assign to your desktop and remove from them.

Not applicable
Author

With the risk of sounding dumb here, can you please tell me where/what the LEF is?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If the user is no longer to use his license, first, check username, company and control code (it's not visible, it's in the license agreement). Then go to Settings, User Preferences, License, and click "Clear License Information". Now this license is available. In your computer, on the same pane, click on "Change" button an add the license there.

But now all documents created with that license will not be available from his computer, now unlicensed, but from yours.

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for coming back so quickly.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

You mentioned to check username, company and control code from the License Agreement?

I went into Settings > User Preferences > View License Agreemnent

I can't find the information you mentioned

Running on QV 10.00.8811.6 SR1

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Nicolas,

The control code is in the paper (or PDF) sent by QlikTech to you. If you click on the "Change" button you will see the actual license User and Company (it will appear blank if you are leasing a license from a server). Control code will appear hidden.

The "View License Agreement" button is for the application itself (the software), not the license valid to run QlikView.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas,

Please check whether you are leasing the License from the Server. In that case, as I see for me I dont see in the settings->User Preferences-> View License agreement any License

Hope that helps

Sravan

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I am leasing my license from a server. No PDF was directly communicated to me; so I guess I can get neither my license Key nor Control Number

suniljain
Master
Master

Simple approach is

Remove the license and assign that license to anothe user.