Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to display missing values as gap

Hello

I have a data (attached as tes.xlsx) with two columns: date and volume. There are missing values in the volume (blank cells) but no missing in the date column. My goal is to reproduce a plot similar to attached test.png file that shows the gap in volume (from roughly 2006 to 2012). I have tried a couple of ways in expression and also played with "suppress zero-values", "suppress missing" options in Presentation but all I got is the Doc1.pdf plot which annoyingly connects the two endpoints as a line.

Appreciate any help or words of wisdom you might share.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, QV is coloring the segment following the data point.

Maybe try

=If(Below([Monthly Volume]) and [Monthly Volume], color(1),white() )

edit: and maybe use another expression to draw dots to indicate singular events.

See attached

View solution in original post

6 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe just change the color of the line:

2016-11-22 17_45_00-QlikView x64 Personal Edition - [C__Users_s.wuehl_Documents_Test_QlikView_comm24.png

Not applicable
Author

Stefan

Have been trying to figure out what exactly you did in your qv file that I missed but I am unable to find out. Could you comment more on what you mean by changing the color of the line?

MK9885
Master II
Master II

He changed the background color for the expression

If(Sum([Monthly Volume]), color(1),white() ) <<< Use this in your background color.

Map.png

Not applicable
Author

Found it but the last data point before the gap drops falsely to zero which is not reflected in data. That said, the last point before the gap is Feb-2206 with the value of 48 but from the drawing, it goes down to zero before the gap which is not correct.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Right, QV is coloring the segment following the data point.

Maybe try

=If(Below([Monthly Volume]) and [Monthly Volume], color(1),white() )

edit: and maybe use another expression to draw dots to indicate singular events.

See attached

MK9885
Master II
Master II

It's not showing 0.

Convert the chart to Bar and you'll see the bar for Feb 2006

Or change the sorting order to Y Value Decending....

It's not clearly visible ad the value is very low and it is a line chart. (that's my guess) but you've the value and it is not 0 (even when you select the filters)

Map.png