Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

How to restrict values in a dimension

Hello

I have table of portfolio values.  I only want to show the values that begin with IC (some begin with EX)

I'm not sure if I do this as a calculated dimension or within the expression.

I tried the below in the expresson so I suspect mayabe i need to do this as a calculated dimension but not sure how

sum({$ <period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}, groupcoa ={4006}, portfolio = {'IC*'} >} cur_amount )

Many thanks

Paul

paul_ripley_0-1602171584854.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ramchalla
Creator
Creator

Hi @paul_ripley ,

it is good to create a new field in script editor and use that field in the table. please try replacing single quotes with double quotes in the set expression for portfolio. try using the below expression.

sum({$ <period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}, groupcoa ={4006}, portfolio = {"IC*"} >} cur_amount )

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ramchalla
Creator
Creator

Hi @paul_ripley ,

it is good to create a new field in script editor and use that field in the table. please try replacing single quotes with double quotes in the set expression for portfolio. try using the below expression.

sum({$ <period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}, groupcoa ={4006}, portfolio = {"IC*"} >} cur_amount )

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi  

Just FYI  I created a calculated dimension as so  =if(wildmatch(portfolio, 'IC*'), portfolio)

Kind regards

Paul