Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouthamkk
Creator
Creator

How to run QMC task for version 12 sr8

Hi,

we recently migrated from QV 11 to 12 sr8 and trying to setup batch files to execute QMC tasks.

i used same 11 version batch files and getting below error

Authorization failed for user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, required access level is QlikViewEDX

but when running same batch file on server it is triggering the task successfully. i am getting the error when running batch file from external source. the batch file is on the same server as qlikview server.

Please advise

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Please take a look at this article which may have the solution you're looking for.  The account running the batch file must be a part of the QlikView Management API security group in order to have sufficient permissions to run.

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Goutham, are you using the QMSEDX.exe?  If so, please note you are likely going to need to find the newer version of the QMSEDX.exe for version 12:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/QMC-Reload-task-trigger-based-on-windows-sche...

There are some new features etc. in the 12 track that are not accounted for in the old exe, which may also cause issues with things.  I believe Josh was on the right track regarding things, but here is the Help link to double-check things, hopefully that will let you see what may be missing there:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Please be sure to mark any responses that helped you resolve things by clicking the Accept as Solution button on the specific posts, and if you did something else, consider posting what you did, and then mark that as the solution, so others will know what worked for you guys.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.