Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Listbox with AGGR and IF condition

Dear Qlikers!

My name is Ignasi Mata and this is my first post, which unfortunattely is not to give an answer, rather to ask a question.

I have an issue regarding listboxes with aggr and if in the expression. Listboxes are workig "fine", but when I make a selection the "else part" disappears (if excluded) or does not appear as selected (if selected).

Here the script, and listbox field expression code:

Example_table:
Load
	recno() as ID,
	chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64)&chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64)&chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64) as Field_1,
	ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_2,
	ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_3,
	ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_4,
	ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_5
AutoGenerate(10000); 
=if(aggr(count(ID),Field_1)<2,'Unique','Duplicate')//and 4 boxes more for Field_2-5; count(ID) as expression (proably irrelevant)
=if(aggr(count(ID),Field_1)>1,'Duplicate','Unique')//and 4 boxes more for Field_2-5; count(ID) as expression (proably irrelevant)

Screenshots as well:

image.png

These are selections for just only one field, if I start making selections in other fields, it's getting messier.

image.pngimage.png

Thanks for your help!!!!! And not just this time, older posts have helped me a lot as well.
Cheers,
Igna.

EDIT: Data uploaded

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi!

I have reach the functionality that I was looking for.
In any case, some details could (and should) be improved, as well as performance I guess, nevertheless I'm happy with the result that I got.

Thanks for your help and time!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not entirely sure what your issue is, but try this

=if(aggr(count({<Field_1>}ID),Field_1)<2,'Unique','Duplicate')
daanciorea
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Ignasi Mata,

Yes, the listboxes  not working very well, I had a similar issue. 

In your casse you can do this:

Example_table:
Load *,
If(aggr(Count(ID), Field_1) < 2, 'Unique', 'Duplicate') as Flag_Duplicate_1;
Load recno() as ID, chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64)&chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64)&chr(ceil(Rand()*26)+64) as Field_1, ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_2, ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_3, ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_4, ceil(Rand()*10000) as Field_5 AutoGenerate(10000)

Cheers,

Dan. 

Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot for your fast answers!!!

With "=if(aggr(count({<Field_1>}ID),Field_1)<2,'Unique','Duplicate') " the results do not disappear. But when I'm selecting in several boxes, selections are not highlited.

The script solution is not perfect suited for this situation because it's not dynamic and results should vary depending on selections.

Moreover I have just realized that in my concept sombething must be wrong, because the selections are no dynamic either. Nevertheless, what I'm trying to achieve is to search duplicates within duplicates (of course, different fields) in a dynamic way (or uniques values within duplicates) .

I have tried also "=if(aggr(count({1}ID),Field_1)<2,'Unique','Duplicate') " but this one is not dynamic and I'm having issues with the highlighted selections as well.

Thanks again for your help!

sunny_talwar

So, you want to select Duplicates in your multiple listboxes to show the IDs which are duplicate within multiple fields?

Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, that's right.
I have being thinking about it and possibly, what I would need is a dynamic aggregation, but not entirely sure. 

sunny_talwar

This might not work the way you are hoping for it to work. May be someone else can have a better way to do this

Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

You are totally right, I have been trying hard for two days and I cannot find the right solution.
In any case, I will keep trying till I run out of ideas (right now, I have two) or till I get more desperate. In case I find a right answer, I will of course post it here.

Thanks again!!!

Igna
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi!

I have reach the functionality that I was looking for.
In any case, some details could (and should) be improved, as well as performance I guess, nevertheless I'm happy with the result that I got.

Thanks for your help and time!