cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multi box Values

Hi,

I am using an excel to develop reports.

I have column named 'week_ending _date'.

Values in the column are:

5/6/2011  12:00:00 AM

5/13/2011  12:00:00 AM

2/17/2012  12:00:00 AM

11/30/2012  12:00:00 AM

2/8/2013  12:00:00 AM

So, I have Weekly data from 2011 - 2013     

From this I should create a Multi box Property but the values in the multi box should be-

Current week

Previous week

Current QTD

instead of the values which are there in data.

How do i achieve this? Can any one tell me the steps and query to achieve this?

I have attached the Sample excel.

Thanks in advance.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this.

Not applicable
Author

Auto,

Thanks for the reply but i cant open the qvw file as I am using Personal edition.

Can you explain me the steps?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

include this script in load...make sure to save the qvw in the same path as the excel file...or change the path in the script.

Not applicable
Author

Thank You very much.

I am working on it now.

I need one more help. Plz see the attached image file. This is the demo 'Rx Sales' dashboard.

I want to create a pop similar to that, with the use of the script which u had given.

I was able to create a button and include the variable.

I am able to get the popup also.

But i want to display the similar kind of Popup with all the information together like Months, Week, Qtr with the heading Filter by Time.

Any idea on this?

Thank You once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The popup in the RX dashboard is simply a conditional display of objects (listboxes and textboxes). It is controlled with the button that is setting a variable value to satisfy or dissatisfy the display condition.

Just add listboxes and manipulate the settings to achieve the "popup" style that you want. Since you have the personal edition it will be difficult to illustrate this if it is unclear for some reason.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the solution.

I have already developed the popup and the variable for the button but i wanted just the design "the outer layer".

I was wondering how to design the same way?

Plz see the attached image file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just create a textbox object with a white background where your want and set the layer(s) appropriately.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I think you are correct.

I donot have the Rounded corners and Corner radius in Layout section of the button, may be because of the personal edition.

But i was able to bring in the complete solution apart from the borders as expected.

Not applicable
Author

I want to restrict the line chart to 13 weeks.

Is there any option i can limit the dimension(Dimension Limits) in the tool or do I have to do it in query?

Plz find the attched qvw file for your reference.