Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No update while designing

Hi,

I have a document which takes several seconds to update so each time I make a change I have to wait.

Is there a way to stop updating while I am arrangeing tables , colors and so on and, when finish, recover normal updating again?.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

My suggestion is to make a selection, so that the current data set is limited to a minimum. Then go to File > Reduce Data > Keep Possible Values. This remove the non-selected data until you reload the application next time.

A reduced data set should keep calculation times to a minimum, since there is less data to calculate.

If the calculation time is a permanent issue I would recommend evaluating if the data model has any flaws, or maybe you perform static calculations that could be pre-calculated into the data model during reload.

A common issue causing large calculation times, is that key fields are used in expressions and dimensions. This can easily lead to larger memory expansions than required. Avoid using key fields in calculations and sheet objects.

The final thing to check for is synthetic keys in the data model. These commonly also can leads to unexpected memory expansion, leading to lager calculations times.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is not normal behaviour, probably you have used somewhere in your expression or conditions the function Now()

Check it, if so change it with Today()

Hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

I did not use 'Now' it is just a very complex document whith many calculations I think.

Thanks.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Working on reduced application could be an option. That should take less update time. File Menu-> Reduce Data

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Are you in Web Mode? If so, extension objects tend to refresh everytime something moves.

If not in web mode and one chart is causing the issues, simply detach the chart.

Chart Properties-->General-->Detached.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

reduce your data.. this helps your loading time issue while developing

i.e in script try with 100 or 1000 records as below

first 1000

load *

table1.qvd;

thanks

Sri1

PrashantSangle

Hi,

Do some selection in your document and reduce the size of chart.

So that it reduce calculation time.

Then make your changes.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

My suggestion is to make a selection, so that the current data set is limited to a minimum. Then go to File > Reduce Data > Keep Possible Values. This remove the non-selected data until you reload the application next time.

A reduced data set should keep calculation times to a minimum, since there is less data to calculate.

If the calculation time is a permanent issue I would recommend evaluating if the data model has any flaws, or maybe you perform static calculations that could be pre-calculated into the data model during reload.

A common issue causing large calculation times, is that key fields are used in expressions and dimensions. This can easily lead to larger memory expansions than required. Avoid using key fields in calculations and sheet objects.

The final thing to check for is synthetic keys in the data model. These commonly also can leads to unexpected memory expansion, leading to lager calculations times.

Not applicable
Author

I think the problem is that I have many variables (100 or so) in many expressions.

Thanks