Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Object Conditional Show

In the conditional show option for a chart, how do I only show the chart of the sheet has at least three fields selected? There is too much data to load the chart without multiple selections.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The GetSelectedCount function will tell you how many items are selected in a certain field.

GetSelectedCount(FIELD) > 0

If you have multiple fields, then you can combine them:

GetSelectedCount(FIELD1) + GetSelectedCount(FIELD2) + GetSelectedCount(FIELD3) >= 3

You could also put this as a Calculation Condition. If the Calculation Condition is not met, the chart outline will display, but there will be an error message and no data. The error message can even be customized. This may work better as you won't have a big blank space in your app.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The GetSelectedCount function will tell you how many items are selected in a certain field.

GetSelectedCount(FIELD) > 0

If you have multiple fields, then you can combine them:

GetSelectedCount(FIELD1) + GetSelectedCount(FIELD2) + GetSelectedCount(FIELD3) >= 3

You could also put this as a Calculation Condition. If the Calculation Condition is not met, the chart outline will display, but there will be an error message and no data. The error message can even be customized. This may work better as you won't have a big blank space in your app.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Not sure how to do exactly what you're asking for other than exhaustively checking every possible field, but what about counting how well their filters have narrowed down the data set? Something like count(MainID)<100000. It'll still take a little time to do the count, but probably nothing like the chart, assuming you have a complex chart.

Not applicable
Author

I'm going to put NMiller's answer as my suggested answer because that is what I was going for. However, John's answer is a great idea and I'm actually going to implement that one in my program. Thank you both!