Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Objects in a straight table...

Hello Qlikviewers....  i recently implemented a table showing impact on margin when the total cost of a products components changed by a percentage...  This was simply done with a slider and variable....   I'd like to be able to implement the same functionality for each component of the product....  The ideal would be to have an input box for each row (component) of a table so the user could enter a new or forecasted cost price, which would then allow me to show the impact +/- on margin....  Can i 'embed' on object such as an input box or slider into a chart?   I'm guessing the best approach might be to dynamically create a variable for each row...   Can anyone suggest a good starting point?  A million thanks in anticipation!!

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure your actual problem, so I can't advise the best solution....>

>>Can i 'embed' on object such as an input box or slider into a chart?  

No

>>I'm guessing the best approach might be to dynamically create a variable for each row...  

You can create variables in the load script using a FOR loop.

>>Can anyone suggest a good starting point?  A million thanks in anticipation!!

Here is some code that might help you:

tarriffs:

LOAD DISTINCT

masterTariffId

FROM

..\tarriffs.qvd

(qvd);

tarriffList:

LOAD 

concat(chr(39)&masterTariffId&chr(39),',') as masterTarriffIdList

RESIDENT tarriffs;

LET vTarriffList = peek('masterTarriffIdList');

DROP TABLE tarriffList;

FOR EACH x IN $(vTarriffList)

LET vTarriff$(x) = ' ';

NEXT

Not applicable
Author

Cheers cisco_kid..... i'll give it a go and let you know....

Not applicable
Author

ok, I understand (and I suspected at the outset) that i wouldn't be able embed an input object into a row of a straight table....  So taking this further, has anyone dynamically created an object and for a variable?  i'm thinking that if I have a variable for each component of a product can i create an input box automatically  (and position it dynamically close to the associated row)?   Hopefully, this isn't beyond Qlikview or you clever Qlikviewers!!!!

Cheers,

Bernard