Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Column Width to Zero

Hi Friends,

In Forums, they mentioned we can adjust column width to zero in pivot charts so that it is invisible. But I am not finding anything at presentation tab.

Could somebody post the screen shot to adjust the width to zero...

Thanks

Pavna

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I use the next macro to "hide" columns in pivot:

sub Squeeze
call HideColumn("CH01", 2)
end sub
'
private sub HideColumn(ch, n)
set ch = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(ch)
ch.SetPixWidth (n-1), 0
end sub

Not applicable
Author

I believe there is no setting to set the column width to zero. Please use macro suggested above.

Not applicable
Author

There is no feasibility to hide columns through settings. use macros if you need.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks,

My requirement is I am trying to sort the last expression in pivot chat irrespective of selected 11 dimensions.

For that I am creating a additional first column with the last expression and using it in sort tab using expression

=Pick(Dimensionality(),sum(x),sum(x),sum(x).........................................))

Can I write use this macro to hide the first column in every pivot chart in dashboard??

It will be great if you can explain how this macro work as I am new to macros...

sub Squeeze

call HideColumn("CH01", 2)

end sub

'

private sub HideColumn(ch, n)

set ch = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject(ch)

ch.SetPixWidth (n-1), 0

end sub

Thanks

Pavan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Pavan,

I don't see the need for this additional column (is it a calculated dimension) to do the sorting.  If you want to sort pivot table by an expression, simply go to the Sort tab, select first dimension, check "sort by expression", and copy your expression here.

If I didn't understand what you want - please upload your application.

Regards,

Michael