Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Possible binary load interference?

Hi everybody,

I have a doubt due to a strange behaviour of two dashboards: I've a main qvw I use to develop new functionalities, without any 'service sheet', and another one that loads the main as binary with many sheets for debugging purposes.

Is it possibile that opening them simultaneously could create some intereferce? Each time I select or operate on one of them, the other starts to recalculate for minutes without any reason.

Thanks in advance

Luca

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Luca,

One the binary load is finished loading the new model is a completely separate model and does not have anything to do with the original any longer.

It might be that you are running out of memory?

Regards,
Marius

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No Interference, 2 different documents work separately, when the first is loaded in the second with binary load, the second has data from the first but in a different workspace so .. no interference, look in the expression you use to find a answer

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much for the answers. For sure it could be some RAM issues, despite each dashboard uses about 1/5 of total available RAM (32 Gb). My doubt arise from the fact that I leave a dasboard that doesn't run, I perform some selection on the other, I come back on the first and I find it frozen and the hourglass for minutes.

Excluding interferences, I'll investigate in deep the newest expressions.

Thanks guys!

Luca

Not applicable
Author

Sure thing Luca.

If you answer has been answered kindly just mark the appropriate answer as the correct one?

Thanks,
Marius