Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Production Line Data Model

Hello Community,

I would like to calculate the amount of wares (and costs, duration later on) needed for a production / manufacturing line.

The data contains 'recipes' with the ingredients and the amount needed, the output of the recipe and the duration.

The recipes can be chained to 7 levels maximum and are loaded via hierarchy load into a table which contains all the needed information. 

I am struggling with displaying and calculating the data properly, e.g. there is a need to calculate if the output of one recipe fills the demand of the recipe coming next or if the first recipe need multiple runs. And sometimes wares needed to be 'sidechained' into the production line.

The formulas are not a problem, but I am not sure if my understanding of this is right and if my data model fits to this. 

Maybe someone has an advice for me or an example?

The data and the qlikview document is attached.

Cheers Matthias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Brett,

thank you for your Reply.

I was able to manage it with using a Hierarchy load regarding the Input/Output Commodities to generate a RecipePath.  After that I broke up the Path in it's steps and joined the Commodities again to finally calulate the sums and difference  of the needed Wares per Recipe Path regarding how many times the recipe has to run during the Recipe Path.

Cheers Matthias

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Matthias, the best I have is the following Design Blog link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Unbalanced-n-level-hierarchies/ba-p/1474325

Here is the base URL for the Design Blog area too in case you want to do some further searching yourself:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Found one other specific one that might be helpful too:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Bill-of-Materials/ba-p/1462792

Hopefully this helps you move things forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
oehmemat
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Brett,

thank you for your Reply.

I was able to manage it with using a Hierarchy load regarding the Input/Output Commodities to generate a RecipePath.  After that I broke up the Path in it's steps and joined the Commodities again to finally calulate the sums and difference  of the needed Wares per Recipe Path regarding how many times the recipe has to run during the Recipe Path.

Cheers Matthias