Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC and PUblishers

hi,

can any body tell me publisher is part of QMC or it is separate.publisher is logical or physical where we can see that in QMC.Is there any tab let me know.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Publisher enables additional features to the QlikView Server, basically in terms of tasks: Reload, Reduce and the most important Distribute tasks.

You can see if you have it because in the QMC, Documents tab you will see both Source Documents and User Documents, whilst in QlikView Server only you have just User Documents.

Do not mix this up with the QMC that is the QlikView Management Console, the front end to manage the whole QlikView platform.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Publisher enables additional features to the QlikView Server, basically in terms of tasks: Reload, Reduce and the most important Distribute tasks.

You can see if you have it because in the QMC, Documents tab you will see both Source Documents and User Documents, whilst in QlikView Server only you have just User Documents.

Do not mix this up with the QMC that is the QlikView Management Console, the front end to manage the whole QlikView platform.

Miguel

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Mahesh,

In addition to what Miguel said. Its always a good practice to install/configure Publisher and Server on different servers (Physical Machine)

Publisher enables few more tabs in QMC and it is mainly use for below reasons:

• Timely, accurate information delivery to users
  • Publisher publishes and distributes QlikView files (.qvw)
  • Creates subsets of QlikView files
  • Manages load of QlikView files
  • Secures access to users
  • Delegated administration
  • Scalability and Manageability

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Fine Advait.i dont have idea about server so wan to know about in current version they both are merged or need separate installation can you please let me know.

Regards

Mahesh T

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Mahesh,

Both are different components and in fact you also need to pay differently. It is not merged and needs sprearte installation.

Thanks

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/