Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 3135, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-03135: connection lost contact

Hi Experts,

I've have an ongoing issue with the data load from the Oracle database. Initially the physical Oracle server (ODBC connection and Oracle client 11.02 version) was within the local network and qlikview data extractor application (manipulating data and storing into qvd's) used to take about 3hrs to pull the complete data in one stretch.Later physical oracle server has been moved out side our local network to a different data center.

Since then qlikview data extractor application started dropping the connection with the following error:

"QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 3135, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-03135: connection lost contact".

once in a blue moon the task or reload get successful and takes approx 12hrs to get the data. we have checked firewall and network setting at both (local and outside) the ends and done all the possible troubleshooting procedures, but nothing worked. Still the qlikview data extractor application fails everyday and we couldn't get the latest data into presentation applications.

Any one faced with this kind of scenario. Can some please suggest any solution or any workaround to solve this issues.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sridhar

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

That error indicates that the failure is occurring on the Oracle side, not Qlik.  Qlik is merely reporting the error is it is receiving from the host.  Per http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_03135_connection_lost_contact.htm, the ORA-03135 error is common when connecting remotely when a firewall terminates the connection.  

One solution for the ORA-03135 error is to increase the value of the sqlnet.ora expire_time parameter in the sqlnet.ora file or to check for a expire parameter in a SQL*Plus profile.  Suggest that you reach out to Oracle support if additional assistance is required.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mattydolan
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having a similar issue, but it will lose contact within a few minutes, I think it's a timeout issue, however I'm able to download data from another table.

I think it may be something to do with the fact I'm creating the data in a view rather than a table.

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

That error indicates that the failure is occurring on the Oracle side, not Qlik.  Qlik is merely reporting the error is it is receiving from the host.  Per http://www.dba-oracle.com/t_ora_03135_connection_lost_contact.htm, the ORA-03135 error is common when connecting remotely when a firewall terminates the connection.  

One solution for the ORA-03135 error is to increase the value of the sqlnet.ora expire_time parameter in the sqlnet.ora file or to check for a expire parameter in a SQL*Plus profile.  Suggest that you reach out to Oracle support if additional assistance is required.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!