cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gator
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlikview won't open in scheduled job

I'm trying to run a batch file from the Task Scheduler. I just want to open a qvw which has an OnOpen trigger to run a macro creating an Excel file, then close Qlikview. It's pretty simple:

@Echo off

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\qv.exe" "F:\QV Work\abc.qvw"

I don't want to include /r to reload, just open and close. The batch file runs fine if I run it from the desktop, but if I create a task in Task Scheduler to run the batch file it doesn't run at all.

Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gator
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Frank. It turns out that in the Task Scheduler I just found out that the "Run only when user is logged on" and also "Run with highest privileges" both have to checked. Not sure why, but I guess not having them checked prevents the window from showing in case the screen is currently used by some other user, although I'm not sure who that would be. Some security feature.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I would say that the account where you are executing the batch (outside of your desktop) file doesn't have access to "F:\QV Work\abc.qvw.

Check the access and ensure that user account has access to the path. If it is a mounted or mapped drive, switch to a network path \\myserver\QV Work\abc.qvw that the user has access to. 

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gator
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks, Frank. It turns out that in the Task Scheduler I just found out that the "Run only when user is logged on" and also "Run with highest privileges" both have to checked. Not sure why, but I guess not having them checked prevents the window from showing in case the screen is currently used by some other user, although I'm not sure who that would be. Some security feature.