Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question on groups

<DIV style="POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 1px; HEIGHT: 1px; OVERFLOW: hidden; TOP: 0px; LEFT: -10000px" id=_mcePaste class=mcePaste mcestyle="position: absolute; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; top: 0px; left: -10000px;"><BR mcebogus="1"></DIV>

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

HI,

I have a line chart with a cyclical group that shows Advances by Advance Group and then Advance Type.  The Advance Type roll up to the respective Advance Groups (e.g. the user clicks OVERNIGHT and can then drill to see ARCDAILY, OLOC, OSRA, etc.). Advance Type is the lowest level.

The user has now informed me that they want to see additional categorizations.  For example, if they click on Rate Type FIXED, they should be able to expand and see AMORTIZE, FIX30360, FIXCALL, etc.

Does anyone have any advice on how to best accomplish this using a cyclical group?  I don’t think a drill down group would make sense since the hierarchy isn’t straightforward.  Advance Group has a relationship with Advance Type and Rate Type has a relationship with Advance Type but Advance Group and rate Type do not have a relationship. 

I was thinking to create 4 separate groups (Advance Groups, Rate Types, Amortization and Collateral) but I’m having trouble getting them to display on my chart.  Maybe there’s a limit to how many groups can appear on a chart?

I was also thinking that I should consider loading the data differently to make this work.  Currently I am loading this data from a spreadsheet.

Below is an example of the data I’m working with.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Advance_Type

Advance_Group

Rate_Type

Amortization

Collateral

AMORTIZE

TERM

FIXED

AMORTIZER

MORTGAGE

ARC

TERM