Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Relatively simple set analysis question

Hello folks,

This question is causing me some issues, I can get around it using an ‘if’ statement but would prefer to do it all using set analysis.

I need to identify patients who fall into a certain criteria in the last 12 months and have 2 or more events fitting that criteria, no problem so far.

However the problem arises with the requirement that they have to have had one of these events in the last 3 months.

I can get this to work but it still shows me patients where the activity is < 2; I only need to show activity where it is  >=2.

Here is my set analysis so far:

=sum({<PseudoPID = {"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},  MonthAbbrevList = {'>=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))'}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},  MonthAbbrevList = {'>=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddMonths(MonthAbbrevList, -3), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))'}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"

MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"},
       PodC
= {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>=2'},

PseudoPID = P(PseudoPID)
    >}
Activity_Actual)

Simply put, get me patients who have had >=2 or more events in the last 12 months with one of those events in the last 3 months (from the latest date).

As stated it is solved using an ‘if’ statement but I would like to do it all with Set Analysis.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well I think I have sorted it now using the power of ‘set intersection’:

=sum(
{1<
FullDate =  {">=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))"}
PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>2'},PseudoPID =

P({1<PseudoPID = {"=Count({<LengthOfStay = {'>2'}, PodC = {'NEL'}, FullDate =  {'>=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))'}
           >}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"
}>} PseudoPID)

P({1<PseudoPID = {"=Count({<LengthOfStay = {'>2'}, PodC = {'NEL'}, FullDate =  {'>=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))'}
           >}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
}>} PseudoPID)
>}
Activity_Actual)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Try this:

=sum({<PseudoPID = {"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},  MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
"=Count({1<PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},  MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddMonths(MonthAbbrevList, -3), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"}>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"

MonthAbbrevList = {">=$(=Num(Date#(Max(AddMonths(AddYears(MonthAbbrevList, -1), 1)), 'DD/MM/YYYY'))))<=$(=Max(MonthAbbrevList))"},
       PodC
= {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {">=2"},

PseudoPID = P(PseudoPID)
    >}
Activity_Actual)

HTH

Sushil

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's red line city I am afraid.

I suppose we can simplify this just by taking into account the date ranges and the counts. I can add the other criteria later.

If we just say we want a count of 2 or more in the last 12 months with one (or more) of the events with in 3 months of the latest date.

Thanks,

Tom

thomastc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Well I think I have sorted it now using the power of ‘set intersection’:

=sum(
{1<
FullDate =  {">=$(=AddMonths(AddYears(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY'), -1), 1))<=$(=MonthEnd(Date(Max(MonthAbbrevList),'DD/MM/YYYY')))"}
PodC = {'NEL'}, LengthOfStay = {'>2'},PseudoPID =

>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 1"
}>} PseudoPID)

>}GeneratedRecordIdentifier) >= 2"
}>} PseudoPID)
>}
Activity_Actual)