Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis, Previous day of selection

Based on my selection of a certain date, I would like my chart to display a sum of a field for that date, and another expression displaying the sum of another field for the day before my current selection.

Exapmle: I select the date 12/3/2010, one expression sums for 12/3/2010 and the other for 12/2/2010

I am using set anlysis which I am new to using. Here is my code that does not work:

sum( {$<Date = {$(#=Only(Date)-1)}>} Sales )

Any help is much appreciated

thanks,

alex

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You have the right idea.  But when you subtract, it's probably going to replace your date with its numeric equivalent.  I believe the $(#=...) tells it to do the same thing.  Set analysis needs the text version of the date, so you'll need to reformat using date(), get rid of the #, and put it all in single quotes.  Finally, your first $ is optional and I usually omit it to avoid confusion with dollar sign expansion.  So I'm guessing this:

sum({<Date={'$(=date(only(Date)-1))'}>} Sales)

I'd also typically use max() instead of only() so that I get SOME value, even when they haven't selected anything.

Not applicable
Author

I tried this yet I still get no output on my graph. I'm usind the date field as my dimension, could this have something to do with it??

I appreciate your help John.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Yes, the date field as a dimension might mess that up.  Assuming only one date is selected, how about removing Date as a dimension, and using only(Date) as an expression?  What sort of chart are you using, and how do you want it to look?

Not applicable
Author

Its a bar chart with 2 expressions (the ones i mentioned in my original post) and the date field as a dimension. All I want is to be able to select a date and have one column show the sum of a field for that date and the other column to show the sum of a field for the day before the date selected.

Not applicable
Author

Can anyone help with this??

Thanks in advance.

rahulgupta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hey hi,

try using variables: vSelectedDate=date(max(Sampledate))

and use it in the expressions