Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Show date range above report in text field

Hi community,

I have been searching for this (probably easy) a long time, but didn't find it. What I need is the code to place in a Text Object (or above graphs for example).

Now the catch is this: I have a date range. So I could say: Min and Max but when I make a selection in the graph it should automatically adjust the range to correspond with the date range from the selection.

So without a selection it is all fine:

Chart dynamic date range.PNG

But when I make a selection from within the graph still the same values apprear: (although the selection now is 12/16 - 1/22

Chart dynamic date range error naming.PNG

Hope someone can give me the code that I need to use to have the default and when a selection is made, it follows the min max from the selection.

Thanking you in advance!

Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think this in a text box should work:

Date(Min(DateField), 'D-M-YYYY') & ' to ' & Date(Max(DateField), 'D-M-YYYY')

When you select a subset of data, the dates will adjust.

UPDATE: You might want to add the same set analysis you have for your charts within the Min & Max function so that the text box object behave exactly like your chart.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think this in a text box should work:

Date(Min(DateField), 'D-M-YYYY') & ' to ' & Date(Max(DateField), 'D-M-YYYY')

When you select a subset of data, the dates will adjust.

UPDATE: You might want to add the same set analysis you have for your charts within the Min & Max function so that the text box object behave exactly like your chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Sunny T.

Perfect!

I will quickly go update many Management Reports with this addition. Thank you very much!