Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III

Start time and end time in a time frame of 15 minutes interval

Hi All,

I'm stuck at a point. There are Start_Time and End_Time fields of a table. I need to adjust them in a 15 minutes interval time frame in a pivot table....How can I achieve this using class function or IntervalMatch funtion? Thanks in advance.

For example...if the Start_Time is 03:46 and End_Time is 04:17...I need to map them in a 15 minutes time frame like below along with the time difference.

03.30 - 03.45

03.45 - 04.00

04.00 - 04.15

04.15 - 04.30 and so on...

Labels (2)
3 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, you raw data gives Start_Time of 03:46 and End_Time of 04:17 and you want to break it out into 4 buckets? Is this you want to do in the script or directly in the pivot table? Also, is this a dimension or an expression?

I am not sure if this is possible to do directly in the pivot table, but a script solution might be possible.

safik003
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sample tableSample table The table looks like this.

Start_Time and End_Time are dimensions which are directly coming from database. How can I achieve his? Mapping of timeframe and Start_Time and End_Time? Hope I'm able to make you understand.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure if this is going to help or not, but providing two links below, basic IntervalMatch and extended IntervalMatch, hopefully one of them will help you move things forward here.

Basic: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/Sc...

Extended: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2018/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/IntervalMatc...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.