Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_murkle_man
Contributor II
Contributor II

Straight table dimension limit for a range of accumulated percentages

Hi Guys,

Before we get started I believe what I'm asking may not be possible in Qlikview, but thought it would be worth posting before finally accepting that is the case.

A bit of context on what I'm after...

I've been tasked with creating a dashboard which shows the largest stock value/volume amount in descending order, with a culmilative percentage sum to allow our users to see cut of points such as 10%,30% of total etc.

Unfortunately this data set needs to be dynamic so I am having to use Qlikview's inbuilt chart accumulation features rather than going down the RangeSum/Above syntax route.

What we're left with is a straight table with 1 dimension, [Item No], which looks something like this:

With the following expression being used to calculate the percentile field:

Bearing in mind I am using the 'Full Accumulation' selection on the [Percentile] field to get this to calculate correctly.

I then have a slider on the page which is setting the value for a variable 'vPercentile' to limit the data relative to the accumulated total:

This is all fine and is working as expected, this is where the problem arises...

I have now been asked if it would be possible to limit the data between specific %s, for example 60-80% of the total.

I know this is possible as I have used a multislider before, however this has always been with an actual date field rather than a variable.

For this specific problem I am struggling to see how it would be possible, as my field [Percentile] is not viewed as say 61% outside of the straight table where the accumulation is taking place.

Is it possible for me to set a range using variables within the dimension limits tab, for example something along the lines of:

vMinPercentile = 60

vMaxPercentile = 80

> vMinPercentile , < vMaxPercentile

I cant see how this would work as there is no field to actually base these filters against as I cannot reference the expression within the dimension limit expression box.

Any help with this would be appreciated or just the knowledge that what I have said is correct and with these specific criteria this is impossible.

Cheers

Jim

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

RangeSum(Above()) can work if you happen to have QV12.1 or above.... do you?

Recipe for a Pareto Analysis – Revisited

the_murkle_man
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Unfortunately not, I'm still on 11.2...

My mistake, as I forgot to mention that in the initial post.

I believe I read that specific post from Henric before, however no help in my situation.