Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II

Straight table with secondary titles

Hi,

This maybe an odd question, as I have a commentry box which has alot of text in it and then alot of smaller dimensions where the text is only 8 - 10 characters but alot of them, how can I present a table like this:

Issue | Dimension 1    | Dimension 2| Dimension 3     | Dimension 4     | Dimension 5     | Dimension 6  |

123   |  xxxxx               |  yyyy            | xxxx                  |  xyxy                  |   yxxx                | xxxy               |

| Commentry A                                                 | Commentry B

| ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss       | ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

456   |  zxxxx               |  zyyy            | zxxx                  |  zyxy                  |   Zxxx                | zxxy               |

etc

I think I will need one row heading for the dimensions, but for the commentry I think it would look better on each line.

Or it could look like this: with 2 title rows then the text below. with some backgound shading on alternative lines

Issue | Dimension 1    | Dimension 2| Dimension 3     | Dimension 4     | Dimension 5     | Dimension 6  |

123   |  xxxxx               |  yyyy            | xxxx                  |  xyxy                  |   yxxx                | xxxy               |

456   |  zxxxx               |  zyyy            | zxxx                  |  zyxy                  |   Zxxx                | zxxy               |

Any solution to this, its down to long commentry.

Thanks,

Neil.

10 Replies
qumniusomnius
Contributor III
Contributor III

can you make an example how the table should look in excel? this is too unreadable

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have attached an excel spreadsheet that I hope explains it.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Tinkerz1

Please use the below script and check the attached file.

Hope this will help you.

Table:

LOAD [Issue - Owner],

[Issue - ID],

[Issue - Priority],

[Issue - Status],

[Issue - Title],

[Action - ID],

[Action - Priority],

[Action - Status],

[Action - Title]

FROM

[straight table format.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1, filters(

Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 1))

));

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I am sorry I can not open the qvw as I am on the free version.

Also I dont have a problem loading the data, the issue is when I load from excel in this format

Table:

LOAD [Issue - Owner],

[Issue - ID],

[Issue - Priority],

[Issue - Status],

[Issue - Title],

[Action - ID],

[Action - Priority],

[Action - Status],

[Action - Title],

[Issue - Desc.]

[Issue - Comments]

[Action - Description]

[Action - Comments]

FROM

[straight table format.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1, filters(

Remove(Row, Pos(Top, 1))

));

These dimesions are large blocks of text and I want them in a table, but underneath the other dimesions so I can spread them out

[Issue - Desc.],    [Issue - Comments],    [Action - Description],    [Action - Comments]

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Tinkerz1

Please uncheck the option as shown in picture for the objects.

Let me know if you have any issues.Capture.JPG

tinkerz1
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I have posted the spreadsheet again with a raw data tab that will be upload into QV.

Then an output tab, this is the style for the QV table after the LOAD.

Hope this explains it.

saurabh5
Creator II
Creator II

hi Neil,

I had a similar situation, in order to handle that we created 2 straight table, with the second table below the other table and the first table having 100% transparency and adjusted it such a way that the sequence is 1 row of the first table is followed by 1 row of the second table , but its not an ideal solution.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Did you load the excel data? If yes, please upload the QV application. Thank you.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Can you give desired output in excel file. Thanks.