;

SQL SELECT "Code Site",

"Code Structure",

Comp,

"Date Time",

summonth,

sumyear

FROM QlikDataWarehouse.dbo."V_Budget";

There is no relation between "Code Site" and summonth. whenever I change values of filters "Code Site","Code Structure","Date Time",Comp there is no value for ventes

Sans titre.png

Sans titre.png

I didn't get the best result , how to resolve it ?

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi jaweher89,

Could you provide a sample qv file?

The issue could be also related with the BudgetId relation.

Best regards,

Daniel

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Please try to avoid posting multiple threads about the same issue, it makes it hard to follow a discussion.

budget vs sales

Your tables are only correctly linked if there are matching field values of BudgetId in both tables.

It would be interesting to know how the values of BudgetId were constructed in table TempVente and how they look alike.

As suggested in the other thread, try to create a table box with fields from both tables that you know are always filled with values plus the key field BudgetId. Then check if values are matching, or understand why they are not matching.

If this is not helpful to you, please detail your request, best by uploading a small sample QVW.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi jaweher89,

this is a "classical" problem of Sales vs. Budget comparison, when you are trying to solve it using a concatenated key in one of the tables (Budget) and the rest of the keys only stored in the other table (Sales). Every time you have Budget for Sites/Dates/... with no Sales for the same combinations of keys, you will have budget numbers with unresolved key values.

You need to implement one of the two data modelling techniques - either Link Tables or Concatenated Facts, to make it work correctly. You can find numerous references to these techniques on this forum. Also, check out my new book QlikView Your Business. In the book, I'm describing with a lot of details how to build each one of the two data models, and which one is better and why.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense