cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuser499288
Contributor
Contributor

calculating percentile of any value in an array/set

I have an aggregation field that takes into account four different dimensions as filters. So something like this:

Sales = sum({$<fct_tbl={1},dt_lv= {'Week'}, [ROWNO()] = {"> $(vLevel1) <= $(vMzx2)"} >}D_Sales)

Let's say I have a dimension called Country with 5 values = [USA, Turkey, England, France, Germany] 

And I want to find percentile of each of these countries such that if USA has the most sales, percentile of USA would be 1 and if France has the lowest sales, France's percentile would be 0 (also, exclusive/inclusive calculations would be good to have). 

I've seen fractile but to my knowledge, fractile(sum(sales),fraction) requires a fraction qualifier --plus doesn't work with nested aggregations. How can I achieve this?

Thanks! 

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Seems to me you would need to AGGR by country in this case?  Here is a Design blog post on AGGR and Set Analysis, hopefully that may help.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Set-Analysis-in-the-Aggr-function/ba-p/1463822

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rubenmarin

Hi @qlikuser499288, to add to @Brett_Bleess answer, ti can be something like:

sum({$<fct_tbl={1},dt_lv= {'Week'}, [ROWNO()] = {"> $(vLevel1) <= $(vMzx2)"} >}D_Sales) / Max(TOTAL Aggr(sum({$<fct_tbl={1},dt_lv= {'Week'}, [ROWNO()] = {"> $(vLevel1) <= $(vMzx2)"} >}D_Sales), CountryField))

You can try first the bold part of the expresion to check if it really returns the max country value.