cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

convert epoch time to EST with consideration of DST

convert epoch time to EST with consideration of DST

start_time as 1426807749

Timestamp(25569 + start_time / 86400) as starttimeGMT . This gives data in GMT how can i get the corresponding data in EST,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies
MarcoWedel

=ConvertToLocalTime(Timestamp(25569 + 1426807749 / 86400),'GMT-05:00')

sunny_talwar

Hey MarcoWedel

Just think out loud, since QlikView has a function to convert time, do they have inbuilt function to convert Kgs to Lbs (and vice versa) or other metric to imperial (and vice versa) conversion functions????

Best,

Sunny

MarcoWedel

Hi,

none that I know of.

But it should be possible to implement some parameterized variables for this purpose, like:

SET ConvertKgsToLbs = ($1/0.45359237);

table1:

LOAD *,

$(ConvertKgsToLbs(kg)) as lb;

LOAD IterNo()/10 as kg

AutoGenerate 1

While IterNo()/10<=10;

QlikCommunity_Thread_172861_Pic1.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco

sunny_talwar

MarcoWedel‌ this is amazing. Thanks for putting this together. I love how you make everything so simple.

sunny_talwar

Marco, I hope you don't think that my comment above was sarcastic. I was just trying to learn something new from you. Our friend Binod thought that I should have not done it. I respect his comments and would like to apologize if you thought my comment above was in-appropriate.

Best,

Sunny

P.S. wanted to send you a private message, but since you are not following me, I cannot message you

MarcoWedel

Hi Sunny,

although not formally following you (i.e. until 5 minutes ago ) I did follow your recent activities and therefore would never have considered your question anything else than genuine interest in QlikView.

Qlik on

regards

Marco

sunny_talwar

Awesome Thank you Marco!

Not applicable
Author

hey sunny sorry if my comment hurt you .. i thought i had asked a very stupid question in this thread so thought your comments otherwise ..  i later realized i misunderstood your comment.. hence deleted my comment .. hope you understand ..

thanks  for understanding

sunny_talwar

Binod, I am not hurt .

Also I think you accidentally marked the incorrect response as correct answer. Please reward Marco's response as the correct answer.

Best,

Sunny