Announcements
Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

manually sort rows of table

Is it possible to let the user manually sort the rows of a table , like the user can rearrange columns ( without forcing the user to introduce an artificial index just to impose a sort order ).

thanks

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It is possible to have an interactive sort of a column within a straight table, check the 'allow interactive sort' box on the sort tab of the table properties.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Like Leonard says you can let the users sort interactively.. however it sounds like you're trying to let the users create any kind of sorting they want, like 2005, 2008, 2006, 2009, 2007, or some other kind of unconventional series.

In that case I think you'll have to rely on an artifical sorting index. Otherwise QlikView won't know what you're looking for.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, this was what I meant.

I usually solve that introducing a artificial index, but I don't like this solution because it introduce an unrelated field in the data model just to support sorting. Additionally, it is not interactive.

Other products have this kind of option (the user just click UP / DOWN buttons on some list boxes with distinct values to impose the priority they want for the values and then the tool just generate ordering for you under the hood that can be used in other components like tables ).

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm not sure if the original author still has a need for this, but I recently decided to play around with this as well. For those interested, check out this article: http://www.infinityinsight.com/blog/?p=243

Cheers,

Vlad