Skip to main content
Announcements
Do More with Qlik - Qlik Cloud Analytics Recap and Getting Started, June 19: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator

same custid with different cust name

hi,

in my data set, i would like to check and show in a straight table or in chart about the data with same custid but different name across same country but different period,

find the attached example...

9 Replies
RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Gautham,

A quick way would be to add them to a pivot chart.

Does that work in your case?

Naamloos.png

I've attached my example. Hope it helps.

With kind regards,

Ronald

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This seems spelling-related, not master data-related. Was the Customer Name in your data a free field, to be completed by whoever was entering the data?

In that case, you should perform a data quality check and decide on the correct names for those Customer IDs that have multiple Customer Names. Using a mapping table and an applymap() call, you can perform dimension data correction on the fly.

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes Peter, Each year the customer details has been entered without checking whether it is existing or not...so these kinds of data quality issues are happening.

I wanted to analyse the data issues in a chart and show it as quality report of these.

Then the management need to decide whether to be corrected at the source or to be corrected at the dashboard by having a mapping table.

Thanks,

Gautham

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Ronald,

Your pivot shows everything..but i just need customer with same id but different name across different periods within same country.

-Thanks

Gautham

Digvijay_Singh

You can show like this, you may hide the last column thru presentation tab -

Capture.PNG

Digvijay_Singh

This should be the improved one -

Count(distinct Total<Country,CustID,CustName> {<CustName={"=Count(Year) > 1"}>}CustName)

gauthamchilled
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi DigVijay,

I just want to compare for all the periods available in the dataset, not just current year vs previous year.

Also my year is in this format, FY2015,MY2015,FY2016,MY2016

FY - full year -jan to dec

my-mid year-last year july to current year june

Thanks for your help.

Gautham

RonaldDoes
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Gautham,

A calculated dimension like the following counts the unique CustNames for each CustID. Only showing CustID's with more than one name would meet your criteria, it seems to me.

=If(

Aggr(Count(DISTINCT CustName), CustID) > 1,

Aggr(Count(DISTINCT CustName), CustID),

Null())

Naamloos.png

Hope this helps you. I've attached the app with above updated example.

With kind regards,

Ronald

Digvijay_Singh

I think the expression I suggested works for multiple periods as I am just checking if a custname( aggregated by Country, CustID and Name) is used across multiple year(if count(year) >1), and if Yes, then show those records.

The format of year doesn't matter as I am counting the values of Year field if it is more than 1 against a custname.

If you can share the data sample where its not working, I can identify the reason of not working. Thanks