Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

user management in Qlikview Server

Hi Everyone,

I have one dashboard, implemented in Qlikview Personal Edition and deployed the same in Qlikview Sever.

I can see that dashboard from Qlikview Access Point.

Can anyone of you let me know how the below task is possible in QMC or Qlikview Server

How a group of users or single user can view the dashboard ? and able do any changes in the dashboard if they need.

In other words, how to create users to view the dashboard, to modify it if necessary and save the modified version.

Right now I can able to login to the system (qlikview access point through the URL) and able to just view the dashboard, I can't change anything in that dashboard. can you let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you.

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

You need to enable server objects within the qmc and the application:

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi marcus_sommer

Thanks for the support.

I already did those changes, but I am not sure how to create users and give them persmissions in QMC.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You don't need to create users by default. You can use existing AD users, assign them a license and publish your document to these users (if you've got a publisher)

Even better: define an AD group and add those users to the AD group. Then assign permissions / publish your document to that group.

Assgning licenses is a bit different. As you can expect, licenses cannot be assigned to a group, but must be assigned to the individual user IDs. Named CALs are assigned in QMC->System->Licenses->Select your QlikView Server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->Assigned CALs. Document CALs (if you've got any) are assigned per document in QMC->Documents->User Documents->Document CALs

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi pcammaert

Can you describe more about your statement

"define an AD group and add those users to the AD group. Then assign permissions / publish your document to that group.", as I am new to these terms. and I can't seee Document CALs under User Documents.

Here is the my question in other words:

I have a qlikview document in Qlikview Server (which I can access through Access Point). I am logging to Qlikview Access Point and can only view the document, suppose if I want to modify the content in that doc, how can I do that one ?

how can I get more logins (accounts) to get into the Access Point, so that I want to view/modify the qlikview docs in server through Access Point.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you don't see a Document CALs tab in QMC->User Documents, that usually means that there aren't any available. CALs are embedded in the server license. You can check the license amount and type in QMC->System->Licenses->Select your server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->General

Which Directory Service Connector did you configure in QMC? If your are able to identify yourself on the QLikView server, you must be defined in some User Directory.

BTW User Management is usually done entirely outside of QlikView.

Not applicable
Author

Hi pcammaert

in QMC->System->Licenses->Select your server->Client Access Licenses (CALs)->General, I don't have any CALs other than Session CALs.

I have access to QMC, but I didn't install the server, another person had installed the server, so I am not sure, Which Directory Service Connector configured in QMC.

so you are saying that, the task which I am looking for can be done in outside of qlikview.

marcus_sommer

I think you should talk with the person who installed the qlikview server and administers your company AD and those who projected your qlik environment - it should be teamwork to run your system.

- Marcus