Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

what does -1.#J as size in MEM means?

hi

do anybody know what does " -1.#J " means?

i have RAM Problems, working set warning almost above 90% since a week ago. I have an application where the join gives me as size -1.#J in the MEM file. i created an outer join generating a table of 100,000 records, which is small, however I think this is my Problem and trying to optimize the data model, otherwise i have no Explanation for this Memory Problem. For the outer join i use a text key because i have no numeric key for it. Not sure, if this may me the root of the Memory Problem. List words of this table feed a word cloud Extension object

We have 128 GB RAM and using QVS 11.2 SR4.

thanks for any insight

felipe

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

It probably means the same than at other places shown:

What does 1#J mean? A strange corner case of the printing of special values - The Old New Thing - Si...

So it seems that there is probably a division by zero involved in the calculation of the mem value, which is not helping you very much, I am afraid.

Regarding your issue, it might be helpful to look at your script code, maybe someone can advise some optimization.

felcar2013
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

thanks for your answer.

I read the link, it looks strange why i am getting this. By Zero involved in calculation of the mem value, you mean the "size" Parameter? why is this Happening?

This value is given to the key of the table I think is causing trouble, since before this table, I did not have the memory problems I am facing now.

Felipe

another link http://stackoverflow.com/questions/840081/what-does-floating-point-error-1-j-mean