Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Issue on Data extraction from Hana to Qlik Sense

Hi all,

Can any one help me to resolve the issue mentioned below ?? Your help will be appreciated 

I am extracting a report  named zsalesreg from Hana source since last one month . Recently,  I am getting  the below error, whenever I am extracting the same. But fortunately sometime the report is being extracted successfully without any error, that time I noticed only header data is being pulled without any records. This issue occurs only for zsalesreg report. Other reports / tables from the same source are being extracted seamlessly.

harshrajsanghvi_0-1673196552688.png

The version I am using 

Qliksense - May 2022 &

SAP connector - v8.0.1 &

Hana Basis version -756

Thanks & Regards,

Ruparaja

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The issue is resolved. The issue was due to incorrect authorization which was implemented after changes were made to the SAP custom report. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Ruparaja,

There is an alternate method you can try:

Alternate method of loading a report

If you are using Report connector version 8.0.1 or later, you can choose to run reports using an older version of the UI.

You can load a Report with the Report Connector as version 7.0 by adding this connection string property to the script: DLLVERSION7 (1)

1. Put this string in the ‘Select’ statement:

Select SAPREPORT (REPORT (ZREPORT), VARIANT (ZTEST), DLLVERSION7 (1), …) Copy code to clipboard
  2. Using the Select Dialog UI, the property can be enabled before selecting the report. It will then automatically be included in the script.

3. To enable it in the UI, select the Force DllVersion 7 box. Enter the Report name and Variant name and then press the Get button.

4. The Report will be loaded into the UI using version 7.0 of the Report Connector.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/SAP_Connectors_Help/Content/Connectors_SAP/Clients...

Regards,
Håkan

harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Hakan

Thanks for your reply..

It's not possible for us to revert to lower version of SAP connector or Qlikview as we are using Qliksense & latest version of SAP connector currently.

Thanks & Regards,

Ruparaja

Hakan_Ronningberg

Hi Ruparaja,

You do not need to revert. The feature is available in release 8.0.1. You can try with the alternate method and if it does not work you can go back and use the standard method again. Insert the string ', DLLVERSION7 (1),' in the connection string and execute the script. If it does not work you can remove the string again from the connection string.

You can also  enable it in the UI when creating a new script. Select the Force DllVersion 7 box. Enter the Report name and Variant name and then press the Get button.
The Report will be loaded into the UI using version 7.0 of the Report Connector.

Regards,
Håkan

harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Hakan,

I have used 'DLLVERSION7(1)'in the connection string and tried but still the issue persist

harshrajsanghvi_0-1673267964180.png

Thanks & Regards,

Ruparaja

harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

The issue is resolved. The issue was due to incorrect authorization which was implemented after changes were made to the SAP custom report. 

harshrajsanghvi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We got this error message again on SAP S/4 HANA Production instance as source and this time we found that the issue did not get resolved by authorization at SAP but by making code change of incorporating DLLVERSION7 (1) in the Qlikview extraction script as was suggested by Hakan. I have not understood the root cause of the issue and the abrupt behaviour while extracting data however the issue is resolved for now. 

Thank you Hakan.