Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheMdu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview - Slow connection to MySQL

Hi All

When connecting to MySQL DB and running a query, the response is frustratingly slow. Initially I thought the reason was because I'm connecting to a remote DB. However I've connected to the same DB using Power BI and the speed is ok. Is there perhaps  a connector that I need to install ?

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

MySQL provides its own ODBC Connector for general purpose (i.e.: it's not Qlik or Microsoft specific, it's installed into Windows), which is what you are most likely using in Power BI:

https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

If you are already using that in QlikView from the same computer, check permissions and that the string connection is correct.

Also, do a LOAD *; SQL SELECT <query here>; without any joins or other changes, and measure that response times.

TheMdu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your response.

I have admin privileges on my PC and have been doing what you suggesting for months now.

I even switched between ODBC and OLE DB, and the LOAD is still slow.

I will uninstall and reinstall Qlikview and see if this will help.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

What version of QlikView are you running, need the full build number xx.xx.xxxxx.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
TheMdu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Version 12.10.0.0
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

That would appear to be the initial release of 12.10, so you may very well be hitting a known issue/software defect.  The other issue is support for 12.10 ended last month, see the following Support Blog post:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/QlikView-12-10-End-of-Support-nearing/ba-p/1...

That being said, I would either try updating to SR11 of 12.10 track, which you should be able to do even if you have expired maintenance, but if you are current on your maintenance, I would recommend considering one of the newer tracks, 12.40 SR1 is the latest release.  Be sure you read the release notes of the interim releases if you go all they way to 12.40 to be sure you know all of the major changes in between.  Sorry I do not have anything better for you, shout if you have further questions.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.