Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to setup IBM DB2 Connection with Qlik OBDC Connector

Hi All,

We have a new IBM DB2 database and we need data from this database to Qliview. So we are using Qlik ODBC Connector to connect and load the data. But the connection setup was failing with error:

ERROR [HY000] [Qlik] [ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver] Command Not supported

IBMDB2_Connector_Error.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We installed IBM ODBC Connector directly on the publisher nodes and working fine.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I am fairly certain you are going to need to install the IBM DB2 Connector client in this case, it is pretty clear based upon the message returned that the command you are trying to call via the script is not supported by our driver, so to be sure everything runs well, I would highly recommend you use the IBM driver in this case, that would be the best practice here.  Oracle is the other provider where we tend to see similar issues. 

Our driver is pretty generic, so depending upon what you are doing, you may need to use the DB vendor's specific client instead to be sure the reloads run as expected.  Hopefully this is what you needed, and I suspect you likely already installed and are using the IBM drivers, but if not, try that, things should run fine at that point.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
sri99999
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

We installed IBM ODBC Connector directly on the publisher nodes and working fine.