Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to prevent extension autoreload?

I'd like to make an extension where I can save multiple sets of data as a PDF. To accomplish that, I have to cache data in a QV variable, and select different data sets. But every time I use _this.Data.ClearSelections();, _this.Data.SearchColumn(0, email, true); or doc.SetVariable("remainingEntries", JSON.stringify(remaininEntries)); it reloads the extension and starts over the script, even tho I want to execute something else after changing the selection. Is there a fix to it? Or is there at least a way to save variables without qlikview reloading my extension? The Variable should be able to survive reloads, and should be able to be accessed by other extensions.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
ThomasGorr
Partner - Contributor III

You could hold a state with a variable in global state (cache, sessionstorage, window-object) to flag if the extension should do a repaint or not.

Then as a very first logic in your extension you do something like this:

if(reloadDisabled){

return;

}

// else do all the extension stuff

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, but I still can't get it working. Return only works in functions, and the Extension reloads anyways, because the Qva.AddExtension(...) gets executed on every change.

You got any other ideas?

ThomasGorr

Well maybe you could provide your extension code and a QVW here to get more detailled insights of what you're doing. Maybe I could implement the solution for you then.

ThomasGorr

Btw.: Have you tried to hold a global variable which is out of scope of Qva.AddExtension(...)? You could implement your cached data there and set a handler inside the Qva.AddExtension(...)-Scope to clear your cache as needed.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Did you get any solution or workaround to this issue?