I recently helped someone who needed my org chart extension to actually work properly and be less confusing to use (the nerve!).
So, this was a good excuse to quickly update the old org chart extension I built several years ago to make the properties more clear and make the extension more flexible. If I had a lot of time, there's more I'd do, but this should at least be an improvement.
Anyway, I removed all of the properties except for 3:
The path is the same as before. It is the hierarchical tree of employees (or whatever you're displaying) separated by dashes. So an employee named Bill Williams whose bosses are Jim Smith and Fred Clark would be "Fred Clark-Jim Smith-Bill Williams." It's a setting you can choose in QlikView to display as a tree.
Name is the name of the empoyee (or whatever you're displaying). This is needed to properly map and reconcile the boxes with the hierarchy.
I am having problems implementing this via the Server/Access Point. Through the Deskop in Webview mode I see the Org chart totally correct. If I view the same .qvw file via the Server/Access Point, then I only see the text (content) of the boxes and not the boxes, nor lines nor "+" symbols. See below for printscreens.
In the QMC I have checked the "Allow Extensions" option for the server.
When openning the qvw in Desktop mode, I receive an error message. On clicking upon this, every things displays correctly. When openning the same qvw file in Server/Access Point, I do not get such an error message. The error message is this one:
Well I now have got the Org Charts to work perfectly when viewing it through Access Point. I do not know exactly what I did to make this work. I do still get the error message above when opening the org chart via the desktop in webview.